Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"Palawan" : My First Work on Canvas



A couple of years ago, before I had my first art exhibit, I happened to drop by a book store that sells second hand items. I looked around, tried to find the perfect subject for my first painting on canvas and here’s what I’ve found: a post card of Palawan. I studied the picture and carefully chose the colors that I would be using. I took note of the brush strokes; tried not to linger on any angle since I was using acrylic.

Because it dries easily, I had to be careful, otherwise, the work would turn out to be a disaster. I concentrated on the color of the water and the reflection of the rocks on it…I made some variations as one can see in my finished work. One thing I like about using acrylic paint is that it gives a glossy effect on the subject.However, once it dries up and you’re not careful with your strokes, uneven brush prints will be quite visible, unless of course you know exactly what to do about it.
Above: picture of Palawan;
Below: a painting of Palawan, my first work on canvas.
Title: "Palawan; Medium: Acrylic; Size: 12" x 18"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free web site traffic and promotion